Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Celebration


So, I am a firm believer that when someone's time is over, it is overrr. Let me explain more clearly. For example, I volunteered at a Film Festival earlier this summer and saw, unfortunately, countless older women that had gone through too many plastic surgeries and were clearly oblivious to the fact that they were way, and I mean WAY, past the point where wearing short glittery prom dresses is acceptable.
Now I am not saying that Madonna is in the same situation, but I do believe she has been around a little past her prime and that maybe just settling down with her family and lover boy Jesus could be enough for this past middle aged superstar.
It's not like she doesn't have enough money.
With that said, I actually love her new song Celebration.
It is very Madonna, but still has a fresh sound that makes me want to get down and shake it.
I love her dress and her body is insane.
There are cameos by Jesus and at the very end a very short dance solo by her daughter Lourdes, who is totally cooler than all those Disney hos and is only 12 or 13.
I see her following in the footsteps of Zoe Kravitz rather than Miley Cyrus.
Anyway, check out the video, proof that maybe Madonna is right in thinking that she's still got it going on.

No comments: